Mapsly is a standalone software platform that is visually embedded into your Zoho CRM through a Zoho marketplace extension that:
- adds a web tab with an iframe which loads the Mapsly platform;
- automatically logs your Zoho users into Mapsly with their Zoho user credentials.
Follow the steps below to get started with Mapsly in Zoho CRM. Please note that
- you need Zoho CRM Standard edition or higher to use Mapsly and
- you need to be a Zoho CRM administrator to complete this guide.
1. Install Mapsly extension
2. Enable Single Sign-On for Mapsly
Enable the Single Sign-On between Zoho and Mapsly by checking the SAML Single Sign-On box on the extension configuration page that will open automatically:
3. Open Mapsly
There are two ways to open and then use Mapsly:
- In the Mapsly tab inside Zoho CRM. If you prefer this way, follow the steps below in this chapter to do it.
- Or in a separate tab at app.mapsly.com. If you prefer this way, at app.mapsly.com clicking the Zoho logo and - if prompted - sing in with your Zoho credentials in the Zoho pop-up login page. Then proceed to chapter #4 below.
The rest of this chapter is relevant for using Mapsly in the Zoho CRM's Mapsly tab. Open the Mapsly tab in the header menu (it might be behind the 3 dots on the right - if so, here's how you can pin in to the top instead):
Note. If Mapsly tab is not showing up in the top menu right after the installation of the extension, please wait up to 5 minutes, and then reload your browser tab.
IMPORTANT! Some browsers might block this popup - in this case you'll see a brief red error message and an instruction to
- click the blocked popup button in the browser address bar (in different browsers this button might look slightly different):
- select the "Always allow" option to allow Mapsly to open the login popup:
- and then re-open the Mapsly tab (or refresh the browser tab).
4. Follow Mapsly account sign-up wizard
Click Create new Mapsly account:
and follow instructions to sign up for a new Mapsly account.
Or, if you need to link an existing Mapsly account to this Zoho CRM, follow this guide.
IMPORTANT! If you accidentally miss step #2 and don't activate the Single Sign-On, you may see the "SAML SSO Error" here. To resolve it, open the extension config page and activate the Single Sign-On.
How to access Mapsly
As mentioned above, there are two ways to access Mapsly:
- in your Zoho CRM's Mapsly tab;
- or in a separate tab at app.mapsly.com.
If you prefer option #2:
- go to Mapsly login page at app.mapsly.com,
- click the Zoho logo:
- if prompted, enter your Zoho credentials in the Zoho login pop-up - and you'll be logged into your Mapsly user account.
Adding more users to Mapsly
New Zoho users are added to your Mapsly account with restricted access automatically when they open the Mapsly tab or log into Mapsly with their Zoho credentials at app.mapsly.com; you don't need to manually add them. Learn more users and Single Sign-On here.
Using Mapsly on mobile devides
There are two ways to use Mapsly on a mobile device:
- Using the Mapsly tab in your Zoho mobile app;
- By logging into Mapsly at app.mapsly.com on your mobile as described above.
If you'd like to see on the map only standard objects like leads, accounts or contacts, the wizard's instructions are self-explanatory. In more complex scenarios when you'd like to see other objects in Mapsly as well or use coordinates instead of an object's address, please refer to these articles:
- detailed walk-through guide for the sign-up wizard;
- how to add Deals / Opportunities to Mapsly;
- how to properly configure an object's address field (required for Deals/Opportunities and custom objects);
- how to use an object's coordinates stored in the CRM instead of its address in Mapsly (how to skip geocoding for locations that cannot be described by an address or those for which you already have GPS coordinates in your CRM);
- how to restrict access to data and control who sees what;
- your records are now showing up in Mapsly?