Mapsly is a standalone software platform that exchanges data with your Odoo account through its API, while synchronization of records removal from Odoo to Mapsly is implemented via an Odoo extension installed in Odoo On-premise.
Limitations of Odoo Online
While Mapsly works with both Odoo Online and Odoo On-premise, we strongly recommend using Mapsly with Odoo On-premise because of the following limitations of Odoo Online:
- Since Odoo Online does not support extensions, records removed in Odoo Online will NOT be automatically removed in Mapsly, since this sync is implemented in the Mapsly extension for Odoo. (Records removed in Odoo On-premise are automatically removed in Mapsly.)
- Odoo Online API cannot be called more frequently than once per second, which significantly slows down automatic assignment of territories and mass-updates of Odoo records in Mapsly and may cause significant delays in synchronization of updates from Odoo to Mapsly while these processes are in progress. (Odoo On-premise doesn't impose limits on the use of its API.)
Signing up for a Mapsly account and connecting your Odoo
1. Set password for your Odoo Online administrator (only if using Odoo Online)
If using Odoo On-premise, skip this step.
Mapsly uses your Odoo administrator credentials in your Odoo instance to sync data. However, unlike in Odoo On-premise, in Odoo Online (<domain>.odoo.com), users are initially created without a local password; instead, you are logged in to your Odoo Online instance via the Odoo Online authentication system, not with your instance's administrator's credentials. To enable the use of API in your Odoo Online instance, set a password for your administrator user account:
- Log in to your Odoo Online instance as an administrator
- Go to Settings ‣ Users ‣ Users
- Click on the user you want to use for API access
- Click the Change Password button
- Set a New Password value then click Change Password.
2. Follow Mapsly sign-up guide
To create your Mapsly account and connect it to your Odoo CRM, following this Mapsly sign-up wizard.
Please note that on step #3 "Access to data" you'll be prompted to enter your Odoo administrator's login and password, as well as your full Odoo CRM domain including "https://" (like https://dev2mapsly.odoo.com), as well as your Odoo database name:
How to log into Mapsly
To log into Mapsly, go to app.mapsly.com and enter your Mapsly login and password into the Mapsly login form.
How to add Odoo CRM as a data source to an existing Mapsly account
If you already have an a Mapsly account, you can add your Odoo CRM as a data source to it:
- Go to Setup in the Mapsly main menu:
- Click the + button, select Odoo and follow instructions on the screen:
Adding more users to Mapsly
Please note that you will need to add to Mapsly only those users who will actually be using Mapsly (not all Odoo users). Also, it is possible to add users to Mapsly who are not registered in Odoo.
More useful articles
If you'd like to see on the map only standard objects like contacts, the wizard's instructions are self-explanatory. In more complex scenarios when you'd like to see other objects in Mapsly as well or use coordinates instead of an object's address, please refer to these articles:
- detailed walk-through guide for the sign-up wizard;
- how to use an object's coordinates stored in the CRM instead of its address in Mapsly (how to skip geocoding for locations that cannot be described by an address or those for which you already have GPS coordinates in your CRM);
- how to restrict access to imported data and control who sees what;
- your records are not showing up in Mapsly?